The Isherwood Auto Group is looking for a bookkeeper to join the team. We are a group of automotive businesses that are family owned and operated. We pride ourselves on our team and their delivery of exceptional work and customer service. Just read our google reviews.
The successful candidate can be located in Duncan, Nanaimo or Courtenay. We have locations in all three cities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing charts of accounts following bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Records daily transactions by reviewing source documents and posting journal entries into accounting software.
- Reconciles bank and credit card accounts and reviews the general ledger to ensure that financial information is posted to the correct accounts.
- Generates financial reports.
- Reconcile or report any discrepancies in financial reports.
- Manages accounts payable ledger including supplier invoices, expenses and petty cash.
- Prepares and sends out invoices and manages the accounts receivable ledger Handles overdue accounts with tact and diplomacy.
- Monitors cash flow; gives advice or takes action when required
Tracks fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules
- Prepares records for the accountant and ensures books are up to date.
- Maintains historical bookkeeping documentation as required by law.
- Protects the privacy of employees, clients and suppliers by maintaining the confidentiality of all information.
- Follows Company policies and procedures and reports any needed or suggested changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Other financial administrative duties as assigned.
What You Need
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Experience with accounting software such as Quickbooks online
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement.
- Clean criminal reference check
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
Permanent full-time position
Monday to Friday
Salary: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
How To Apply
Interested applicants can send their resumes through the submission form. All submissions will be held in strict confidence.